Wham Bham and I'm HAPPY

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

And I finally did IT!

Creating a blogspot is an art in itself...
If you are one of the very first people to use the site, creating a username etc wont be tough but when you are about the millionth user....GOD! Gimme patience! Took me about about an hour of personal effort and then another hour of discussion with friends and then finally I made it!
Tried my favorites at first: bugsbunny, asterix, wonderboy...
then got down to some desperate attempts: killme, deadman, chutiya...What still beats me is: How the heck did someone decide to go even with these lousy usernames? Maybe he tried these in a manner similar to mine, found them available, thanked God and moved on.
Username: indianand. I typed indian+anand. Observed that there are too many pairs of "an". Reduced one and got to "indianand". Wouldn't say its well done, but when you are frustrated, any hint of success seems heavenly.
I thought I'd done it but then I was lead to a page where I had to decide on the URL. At this moment I wanted to close down IE, but my cousin was asking me for the link over Yahoo! Messenger. How much I detested typing combos and getting rejects!
Some funny ones were: gspot.blogspot.com, spotblog.blogspot.com, butterflyhunter.blogspot.com. The last one tempted me to change "butterfly" to something hilarious. Tried jackass.blogspot.com. It was already taken. I struck gold on jhakass.blogspot.com.
I returned to my hostel, quite satisfied that the job was done. Spread the word around that my 'fresh new blog' was @ jhakass.blogspot.com. Never realised that 'jhakaas' is spelt with a double 'a' and not with a double 's'. Friends could never get to my site! Sounded painful. I sat to rectify this and again started the series of stupid hit-and-trial attempts. With a change I included a hiphen (-) in the URL and Bingo!...Some crazy combo had to work and what could better describe a crazy bouncing life than 'crazy-bounces'
Now, crazy-bounces.blogspot.com is mine!
This is all about IT... & I finally did IT.

5 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger Ichutzpah said...

and i am the first one to posta comment...hehe..keep up the gd workk....aur daily likhte ja..

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Suhel Banerjee said...

Congrats on getting a blog for yourself:), and the first post made for a good read. Looking forward to more regular posts like these:)

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If u blog on the Valentine's day with a subject that u hv chosen, u wud be envied by very IITian...but gud for them its just the subject.
Nice start :D

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

when will we have more frm u??

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

no rands doesn't have a blog of his own. will inform u asa he posts one.
does anyone have pics of alcher posted somewhere?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home